Sunday, October 5, 2008

OSU vs Utah

"One of the worst nights to be an OSU fan" quoted by my dear husband as the final seconds trickled away at the Utah vs. OSU football game on Thursday night. What looked to be a promising evening and a possible victory for the Beavers took a turn for the worse with 1:30 on the clock. Utah scored a TD, converted a 2 point play and won the game with 1 second on the clock. That's because UTAH had a kicker that can make plays. If OSU had a kicker that showed up that night, there would have been an W in the column for the Beavs. From the first missed PAT in the first quarter, Matt turned to me and said that miss will probably haunt us in the end, and indeed it did. It was a quiet ride back to Lehi.

Murphy at home with his lucky Beaver socks on. Thanks Aunt Nancy for watching M while Matt and I had a night out (the first time we were both away from M).

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So I hope my text didn't offend you... I haven't heard from you since then:) LOL It was a great game, the Beavers played well and had Mike sweating the entire game! But I am glad I did not have ride home in silence after the game. Matt and Mike are so much the same!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Nikki G's comment about the text... although, Sister Sally, me thinks you should have waited a couple minutes before firing the first shot across the bow, eh? Hee hee :)... I must admit, I thought the Beavers were playing well and Utah definitely wasn't for much of the game (Is there a QB in the house? Hellooo?), but of course Dave was SUPER pumped that they pulled their heads out at the end... no quiet ride home for us! I can't believe you two were there also, we should have hooked up somewhere at half time! Peace out, KO