Wednesday, December 10, 2008

am I a "J" or "D"

What? I have slipped to new level of forgetfulness. Saturday night at my company Christmas party after the entertainment wrapped up I made my way to the back of the room to collect my gift- lines were organized alphabetically and I was waiting in line when Tennille looked at me and asked what I was doing...seemed obvious, "I'm waiting in line to get my gift", all the while making eye contact with the "I-L" sign in front of me. I felt I was in the right line to collect my gift. She looked at me again and said "D" Dunn...it's been 3 years since being a Dunn, but for one brief moment Saturday night I stood patiently in the "I-L" line to collect my gift for Johnson that did not exist. Luckily, my friend Tennille who just had twins managed to find herself in the correct line and point me in the right direction.

4 comments:

fancy nancy said...

yes--you are a D now, but no matter what, you will always be a J :) way to go, goofball!

Tennille said...

When I saw you there, I got all confused for a second, like maybe I was in the wrong line. Glad to be of help. :)

Anonymous said...

About six months ago Dave was writing me a check for something (Services rendered, perhaps? KIDDING!) and he wrote the check to "Kareen HALE"... um, yeah, too bad my last name is now Openshaw (like his), and had been for about two years by then. Don't worry about it, the last-name brain fart happens to the best of us!

Sandra said...

It still cracks me up!