Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jetsetter

Matt making the final walk to the plane with his diaper dude man bag and the rest of our gear. Aunt Kerry and Uncle Adam with Murphy at the game.
Uncle Mike and Aunt Gretchen
The fam
Grandma, it's so hard being 6 weeks old. Thanks for taking care of me.
I'm all bundled for our morning walk in Idaho. It was brisk outside and mom forgot my hat.

Grandpa Dunn with his first and #1 grandson.


Murphy was a super star traveler this weekend as we flew to Idaho to meet Grandpa Dunn, Mike and Kerry. Western Michigan was playing the University of Idaho in football and since John was this far west, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet up with the family. Admittedly, Matt and I were alittle nervous once we got to the airport unsure of how M would travel. We've also realized, were on the other side of the coin now traveling with a child, I witnessed the look on everyone's faces as we walked down the airplane aisle and the relief as we passed by their row. You know we've all had that look...please keeping walking...great a baby...please don't sit next to me...etc.

Murphy pulled through and didn't make a peep, people all around us were amazed (I think we were too). We had a great visit in Moscow, ID and miss being closer to family on a regular basis.

A big thanks to Tom and Anita for hosting us in Moscow and for Aunt Jeanie and Gary for keeping us laughing! It was never a dull moment.

3 comments:

Terri Edwards said...

glad M did so well for you on the plane!! we're not flying until december and i'm already nervous about the looks we're going to get.

Nicole said...

Fun trip! I feel bad you guys got all those looks on the plane, but I have to admit Mike and I are those people!! More Mike than me. It's no suprise though that M was a champ. He seriously is such a good baby!

melissa said...

it's so fun to see and hear about your trip and better yet, all your new endeavors. michael told me about this site and i've been enjoying keeping up with the latest stories and pictures you've shared. congrats!!
love your old neighbor,
melissa ;-)