Friday, January 29, 2010

snickerdoodles

There are many things I love about the Harmons, their delicious bakery style Snickerdoodles are one of them. Like homemade, that good. They come in a plastic container of 8. I made my way to cookie number 6 and when I broke it open, a large piece of paper was inside the cookie. The paper indicated nothing about winning something, or a clue to a treasure, of course it shouldn't have been there. I would take them back in the coming days to get my money back and maybe provide the bakery with an object lesson of what NOT to do while baking these cookies.

I arrive at customer service and told Barbara that I needed a refund for my cookies that had a foreign object in them. "Do you have your receipt?" No. "Without a receipt we are unable to issue any cash refunds." I said, " I didn't anticipate returning the cookies, I love them but there is something that shouldn't be in there, can you see it? It's not like i'm trying to return items that i just bought too many of or changed my mind and don't need. "I'm sorry, that's policy. I can issue you a store credit?"

People, we're talking about $5 bucks. Now it's not about the money it's about a riduclous policy.

I said to Barbara that I felt like this was an unusual circumstance. The container has your Harmon's sticker on it, there is no doubt i bought them here, i want my $5. She honestly told me no again. There is PAPER sticking out of the cookie I wanted to eat. I asked politely if i could speak with her manager. She grumbled under her breath and handed me my $5.

Again, no photo to document the cookie. Do not let this dissuade you for trying the cookies the next time you are there.

3 comments:

Bentley said...

I have a very good image of the scene in my mind :)

Becky said...

I love it. Because you know, lack of receipt means you may have rigged up those cookies yourself and stuffed them in a Harmon's container. Way to stick to your guns... ha ha:)

Nicole said...

Oh, I love their cookies! They should have offered you a free batch ALONG with your money back. That is what I would have fought for.