Wednesday, June 17, 2009

travel log

Ok. So I rarely have a story about me worth sharing, because M is the most exciting thing in our lives on a day to day basis. However, i do have a few snippets to share.
Snippet #1 On Sunday, I had to travel to Miami for work (with my girlfriend) for a super quick trip. I was upgraded to 1st class without my friend and ended up sitting next to an older professional gentlemen. He was friendly and politely talkative- I got settled with my magazines and ipod as i didn't want to chat for the 5 hour flight. After about 10 minutes of filler converstation he asked if I was headed back home to Florida. I replied " no, I live here in Salt Lake", oh, i see, are you Mormon? I replied, "yes i am and are you Catholic?" He said yes and that's an interesting question? I said "no more interesting than wondering if i was Mormon after 5 minutes of nothing conversation". He continued to make a fool of himself by saying that i looked normal and seemed nice. What?? Are you serious? I am normal but I'm about to not be nice if you keep speaking. I said to him that it's odd to me that the first thing people want to know once I say i'm from Utah is that they feel compelled to know if I'm Mormon. It never fails. He paused in conversation for a while and then admitted that i had a point. If someone introduced themselves from New Orleans he wouldn't immediately have the urge for a follow up question of their religion. At least I got him thinking....and i didn't have to worry about talking for 5 hours.
#2 It was midnight when we arrived at the airport and upon exiting the plane, i waited near the gate for my friend who was just a few rows back. Because it was midnight, i was the only person standing at the gate. I was off to the side, minding my own business looking at texts on my phone when a lady (who was in 1st classs behind me) walked by and told me to cover my mouth when i yawn. What? I looked up from texting and said "excuse me" and with an annoying hand gesture the lady repeated that i needed to cover my mouth when i yawn (it's midnight, i'm tired and standing in the Miami airport all by myself and this lady wants to talk to me...not interested). In a traditional Lesley snotty fashion i told her to move along with my own little hand gesture. I actually wished i sneezed at the baggage claim area and then wiped it on her arm giving her a real reason to tell me to cover my mouth. In my best Will Smith impersonation- Bienvenidos a Miami!
I know most of you would just prefer to see M rather than my stories, but today it was a 2 for 1. Enjoy the pics!


we took M to a children's petting zoo near our house and he rode the pony. it was all Matt could do to keep up. it's quite the straddle for a little guy.

babe, thanks for watching murphy so i could run some errands.

4 comments:

Tennille said...

Very sassy, lady!

Becky said...

Way to go, Murph! I can't get Wyatt on a pony for the life of me! :)

Anonymous said...

I always love the pics of M but you know me, I ALWAYS enjoy a good story. Great post Sister Sally!

Nicole said...

Good for you! Way to be sassy.