Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday

Here's how my Thursday ended up:

Phone call from Matt at 4:52 pm, I am at work.
M: Les- you left the fridge open all day today
L: what, that seems odd
M: Yep
L: well, what is the damage?
M: the temp shows 81 degrees.
L: 81 degress- our house is kept at 67, how can the fridge be 81?
M: I took a picture because I knew you wouldn't believe me
L: I believe you, just surprised -I'll assess the damage when i get home, I'm sorry for causing a mess.
M: it's ok, i like that you make mistakes too sometimes:)

M: And the dog ate 10 bran muffins (Sand- your delicious 6 week muffins and we lost all the batter in the fridge)
M: And you left the treadmill on this morning
L: Should I still come home tonight?
M: yes.

Ladies- we all know how difficult it is to GET OUT THE DOOR and this morning i just didn't have my head on straight. The series of oopsies are a bit out of character but this morning was hectic.
Here's the checklist:
Myself, dressed and ready. check
Baby, dressed and ready. check
Baby bag check
My work bag check
Breakfast and lunch, check
Dog proof the house, check
Sorry i missed the fridge, bran muffins and treadmill, at least it wasn't the stove, water running or something else.

4 comments:

Terri Edwards said...

this is great and oh so familiar. i once forgot to dog proof the house and harper went into sofia's room and showed her who's boss. not a pretty sight when we returned home. i call it momnesia.

Sandra said...

That's hilarious. They are great muffins, I can see why he ate the whole thing. I'm hoping too that Harris was at least getting his workout in on the treadmill while you guys were gone. :)

Anonymous said...

Sister Sally, that is SUPER funny... I am giggling out loud. Love the exchange between you and Matt, especially the: "I took a picture because I knew you wouldn't believe me." Classic! Dave would do the same exact thing...

Some days are like that. I think the worst thing I've ever done is get to work and realize I forgot to put on my bra. NICE! :)

Nicole said...

Wow! We have all had mornings like that, but I think yours takes takes the cake! However, I did leave the hose on a couple of times in the summer and flooded the basement...